THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 16, 2009

catch 22

I am feeling a bit stuck in the mud right now, unable to move forward.
Eric is definately decided to go to school, although he changed his mind on the accounting thing and is now looking into the medical field, into a "condensed soup" college..well, that's what I call them. Where, they basically get the normal 2 1/2 year crap done in 18 mo. Which does sound appealing considering our situation..but, then again, I have done the whole college thing with 3 kids and even when I went part-time, it was challenging. And I will admit on here, I am much more of a "go-getter" than my husband. This might be because I am female and he is male.
Either way, until we figure out exactly what HIS schedule his, I cannot move forward with job oppourtunitues. Well, honestly..there is only one. My old job, of course. I must be going for a record on leaving and coming back, lol. It will be my third time going back to that damn place. Dont get me wrong-I love my job there. It's just every time I decide to go back to work, I want to try something new and instead I always end up back there, the same place I did my externship, the place I learned everything I know about dentistry, the place I am "comfortable", relied upon, respected and feel comfortable with the doctors I work with. It's not a bad thing going back, it just adds to the feeling of being "stuck," because, every time I leave it is for some noble reason, "I am going back to school full time and never coming back"- I came back 4 months later. "I am having my second baby and going to school full time and never coming back"-I cme back 6 months later. And finally-"I am going to finish up this semester, have my third baby and go to school full time and ....I will probably come back"-That was 6 months ago. LOL..
At least I learned not to say I wasn't coming back.
But, they want me NOW and I cannot agree to come back until I know what Eric is doing. We have an appointment for some school thing on wed. But, the only way this will work is if I work during the day and he goes to school at night.
I don't see how this will work. Eric said before that he doubts he can handle 5 days a week with the kids all by himself. I dont know if he can handle it either. He is an amazing father, without a doubt. But, a stay at home father, while the wifey is bringing home the bacon? I don't know of he can handle all that. I think he might lose his feelings of "manhood" and we know important that is.
At the same time, I feel like.."look idiot, suck it up. I am educated and can get a job TOMMOROW. You are a construction laborer...there are no jobs and won't be any jobs for years, so..this is why you must be here and I must be there."
But, to leave all the boys..5 days a week? I don't know if I can handle it. I love being home with them, I complaing about needing my time out of the house,but thats becuase it's winter and Im stuck in this cramped up house all damn day long.
I would never NOT have had my children when I did, but I would have somehow managed to finish school and make sure my husband and I had stable jobs before getting pregnant, that would make all the difference.

ehhh, screw it..this is WAY more exciting.

0 comments: