THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 25, 2008

bunk beds are a...

HUGE HIT!
My kids are amazing.
I was shocked myself and I shocked other people when Danny was 18mo. old and was moved directly from crib-twin bed (w/ guardrail) without missing a nights sleep.
Well, I can offically say that..
2 nights ago, we constructed the bunk beds. And slightly apprehensive, I tucked Danny in up top and layed Zach down below (which is actually a full size mattress, so imagine how little a 19 mo. old looks) and we said goodnight. It was a total of 3 times that Zach come wandering out to the living room, each time carrying a different blankey or animal, looking slightly confused.but cool with it. And calmly I walked him back in there and tucked him good night. By the last time, he made his wishes clear by patting the pillow nexts to him. I layed down and snuggled up and sure enough he began his dozing off. I was thinking "I will only do this once..I promise myself." While Zach is drifting off and I am patiently waiting for sleep so I can sneak into the kitchen and raid the ice cream cookie sandwiches without having to share, I listen to Danny talking to himself on the top bunk and this is what he's whispering to himself:
"ohhh man...It's really scary up here, Im going to fal off...no, no I'm ok.It's ok.
ohh man, I'm really high. I really don't like this.
no, no..I'm ok..I'm ok..I'm ok"
After a few minutes of quiet I tip toed out, thinking they were both asleep. And then Danny says "mom, just come check on me in a few minutes..ok?"
and I said yes of course.
So, I did and when I come in he says "Im fine mom, you can stop now."
and that was it.
They slept all night; perfectly with not a single interuption untill 7:30 when Zach comes walking into my room and crawls into bed with me. But, thats our normal routine anyway.
The 2nd day presented a new problem. NAP TIME! hmm....I thought. Not only is it daylight, but Zach is now sleeping in what used to be "danny's room" which is huge and FULL of toys that Zach never really has the oppurtunity to play with.
But I have no choice. This is the decision I made and I was fully prepared to repeat the tucking him in process over 20 times.
It took 4 times.
4 times of me walking him back to the room and kissing all the animals again and blowing kisses for the last time.
By the 4th time I barely made it around the corner before he went running back into his room and jumped on the bed and layed down
So, I tucked him in and waited.
and waited.
waited.
5 minutes later I checked and unbelievably with all the temptations of toys and freedom, he just lays there looking around
5 minutes later he was sound asleep and slept his normal 2 hours.
and last night, night 2. It was a simple goodnight to both, shut the door and don't see them again until 7 this morning.
wow is allI can think.
I told Eric last night. "you know, this might have something to do with good parenting."
and he says
"nah...just good kids"while he smiles proudly.
and I laugh and said "yeah your probably right."

0 comments: