THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's not all that bad.

So
I spent all morning at the lovely welfare office. I try my hardest to stay away from that place, upon entering I wonder how I ended up here AGAIN when all my goals in life were to stear me away from this dreaded place.
After standing in line for 15 minutes, I have a woman tell me that there are no more caseworkers for the day, the appointments have been filled since 8:00 am. She says I have 2 options, come back tommorow morning and line up outside in the cold around 6:30-7 and hope to get an appointment. Or I can wait 4 hours today, start the registration process and get a piece of paper that states that when I come tommorow morning at 7:00am, I get a guarenteed appt; which may be at 7:30, or 9 or 12 or 3 or 5...or anywhere in between.
I had to go with option 2. I decided to sit and wait 4 hours because #1, I had childcare today, which rarely happens and there is no way I am going to force my children to sit through this. and #2 I refuse to come down here at 7 in the morning without a GUARENTEE I will be seen.
I waited. My butt fell asleep. I got a lot of homework done. I realized I had no cash on me, didn't eat breakfast and wouldn't be home till 9:00pm tonight. ...sweet.
I got out roughly 4 hours later feeling much more appreciative of my situation. I still have a home, transportation, a loaded fridge and freezer and a whole family that support me.
These people have nothing. The man next to me had been waiting for 6 hours before he realized that 5 hours ago he should have been sent to another building (since he didnt speak english) where they could help him, since he is homeless.
at that point, sitting there in my new ohio state hoodie, studying out of my $250 text book and playing around on my somewhat- new, pink, touch-screen, sliding phone...at that point, I realized. Yeah...It's not all that bad.
I left smiling even though I wasted my whole day there and I had to listen to 2 men compare recent jail stories while they were "locked up". One was in for attempted murder and the other one robbery with a gun. The crazy thing was they talked about it like it was common and normal to live this life. It smacked my ass back into reality..back into a sheltered,young white female reality.--->which is a good place to be.
And now I sit between classes trying to work on school work..but really..not.
Other than that, I had my 34 week check up today and aside from my amazing weight gain..nothing is going on, which is good. I come back in 2 weeks and then I'm on the weekly visit schedule which is like the last and most definate sign that yes, it is almost THAT time. Soon, you will be sleepless and insane with love over yet another little peeing,pooping and puking bald man.
We found bunk beds. FINALLY. and what a bargain! Thankfully I waited for what I wanted to spend and didnt do anything dumb and thankfully I chekced craigs list one more time on sunday and was the 1st to call the seller or they would be gone. It's a metal twin on top and a full futon on bottom. I orignally wanted wooden but this one came with the matress and cover in EXCELLENT conditon for only $100. The lady was really nice and actually owns/works an in-home child care deal..so we hit it off, obviously.
And now the pieces are strewn all over my back porch in a intimidating manner, while the children jump from Danny's current twin bed to the futon matress which is laid out on the floow..and was stain free 2 days ago..which wont last long.
I am wondering how Zach will do in a big bed. The change is happening this weekend. Eric and I are going to attempt to assemble on friday night. He gets to drink beer during the process, so it shouldnt be too bad for him. But, I absolutely HATE putting things together without instructions. I read the instructions for everything..even shampoo. I swear. Weird I know, because i hate rules..yet need instruction. hmmmmm....
Trick or treating is coming up, Eric and I are doing a joint b-day celebration thing this weekend and soon it will be November...
and then the countdown to insanity really begins.

1 comments:

Claire said...

Just a smile..thats all I got.. this just..made me smile!!