THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 10, 2008

and...

wow.
I feel like I have been gone for years.
So, all my wishes are finally true...I survived the wedding.
But, actually it was completely amazing and beautiful and exciting and everything it was cracked up to be. The whole day was utterly perfect for them and I couldn't be happier.
My boys were a total HIT!! The entire night all I could think is "yes, they are mine! I claim them!!!" In fact, I spent more time with them throughout the reception than anything else and not because I had too, I choose to.My mom was appointed in charge of them, but when I wasn't doing matron of honor duties, I went straight over there and stole them back and if anyone was dancing with my handsome men..it was me. Except Eric...lol..I could care less about him. no, Im kidding..he was great too.
We spent like all week preparing for his speech and I was really excited because (shhh...) the entire set up and stuff was all my idea and I prefected the whole thing for him. He had the spotlight, but I was totally sitting there repeating lines in my head. He did great though and felt good about himself afterwards.
We're getting back into the swing of things. It's interesting returning to a life where nothing is going on after sooo much. I look at my calender for October and wonder how slow it will go now that there's nothing on my books. We do have a huge, annual halloween party next weekend which will be fun. The kids are all geared up and ready to go. Danny is superman this year (i believe he's aiming to be every superhero there ever was) and zach is mickey mouse (which might be the cutest thing EVER). Eric and I are stumbiling through ideas..we always so something together and we want to factor in this pregnancy somehow..no terrific ideas yet and we're running out of time.
Soo..more big news. actually, pretty damn big.
I was really sick last week. It started on the friday before the wedding..so back in sept. I started this horrible dirreha and feeling REALLY fatigued, nasueated,chills, fever..the whole nine yards. I let it go,longer than I should..thanks to wedding issues and my stubborness. I finally dragged myself to the docor after 6 days of not keeping anything in and barely the abulity of walking thanks to malnurishment. They told me off for waiting so long, wanted me to go straight to the er for hydration..i pretty much refused, claiming I was drinking lots of water, the baby was still moving like crazy and all that. They agreed but sent me home with a stool specimen test. I retuned my test the thurs. before the wedding and by friday night..I still hadn't heard a response. I assumed everything was normal and I was just battiling some virus and obviously NOT winning because I'm 32 weeks preggers and not resting like I should be thanks to wedding stuff.
Well, they call me at 5:00 on friday night (during rehearsal stuff) and say "don't freak..but it's still pending..you may have something"
So, that was fun..going through the whole weekend not knowing if I have some crazy infectious disease or anything.
Finally..on this monday after playing phone tag with the nurse ALL day. She calls to tell me that I tested negative for c-difficile (which is what they feared I had)..and thank god..becauuse it's horribly nasty and extrmemly hard to treat.
But,
I tested positive for.. Giardia lamblia. So, check that out online..it's also
super
nasty!
basically, I was somehow..someway..contaiminated with feces in my water(not just feces...feces with this parasite.)
So, they put me on this super strong antibiotic..and I felt like a new person within 24 hours of being medicated, which makes me wonder how long this was actually going on.
I had an outrageous amount of questions for my doctor, but mostly..how will this affect baby? and thankfully...not at all. baby is fine, he looks great, sounds great, gaining weight. I am the only one who took the toll.
Now we are going through the process of testing our water..which is a possibility, but a doubtful one.
all in all...
it has been a crazy, exhausting, romantic,exhilirating last few weeks.
and now I am returning to boring normalcy..
which includes watching my abdomen move all on it's own..which provides it's own unique sense of joy.

1 comments:

Claire said...

Okay..welp..I got all my questions answered..Oh.. dear..
How the hell do these things happen to you? LOL!
Poor mama!!! I'm off to google it now.. I'm glad your feeling better though!!! ((hug))
And I'm glad the wedding didnt give you a mental breakdown, LOL!