THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tidings of Comfort & Joy

I think I mentioned that I was rear-ended a few weeks ago, the day before Thanksgiving-a hellacious day. After deciding to do be a good-hearted person and not give this girl a citation, I was given false insurance information, a disconnected cell phone number and a name that doesn't hold a policy with that insurance company. I went and got an estimate on the damage last week, just to see and it came to $685; which is unbelievable because it's just 2 tiny dents that I wasn't planning on getting fixed, or even claiming but, when i found out it was worth that much, enough to catch us up on past bills, I decided not to fix the van and just take the money and run.
Well, it was a huge ordeal because I had to call the Sheriff who came out to the accident, explain what this idiot citizen attempted to do, have him go to her father's house (yes, she's one of those 27 year old with 2 kids that still lives with Daddy), wait for her dad to call me and have the gull to get snippy with me, saying his daughter called and I never called back. Wrong, bucko! Your daughter is a lying loser, who needs a smack in the face, kick her ass out and call children's services for those poor children, oh and tell her if she is planning on drinking and driving to NOT rear-end someone, thank her lucky stars I am a nice person and that the cop was a lazy dumbass for not smelling the alcohol on her breath and giving her a DUI and to be really glad not a single one of my children were in the car or I wouldn't have been so nice.
But, it was the night before thanksgiving and I was feeling charitable.
Last time for that!
I hate that I still have faith in humanity and it proves me to be a naive idiot every time. Are there any good people left in this world that Im not already friends with?
So, after I finally got the info. and relayed it to the insur. adjustor, I was told an "inspector" would have to come and make his own estimate of damage. So, everyone I talked to says that Inspector Gadget (which is what ive been calling him for a week) will argue my total and offer me half or even 3/4's and I will have to argue and settle for some shitty amount.
So, he came today and I armed myself for a fight, rallying everything that has irritated me lately into one ball of fury so I was prepared to get my broke ass some money. I figure I shouldnt feel guilty because I could have claimed a back-ache and sued and stuff....
So, Inspector gadget comes into the house and makes that ever-popular remark "wow, you have your hands full".
He was one of those sweet, nerdy, loser guys that desperately deserves a woman, but wont find one to settle down with him untill he's 35 because it takes us women that long to figure out THOSE are the types to marry.
I am barely able to give him the paperwork he needs since Zach is freaking out, Danny isn't answering my calls for help and the baby cannot, I repeat, cannot be put down or crying fits will insue and then I won't be able to hear Inspector Gadget.
He explains he will have to look at van and type up a report and yada yada. I stopped listening and get my guns ready.
He comes back in 10 minutes later, hands me a piece of paper and says
"your estimate looks good, I just copied it down to the exact dollar amount, we'll cut you a check as soon as the paper-work processes" he pauses, smiles and knowingly says "Merry Christmas"
and I think:
Inspector Gadget just did one of those, nice, true-hearted acts of kindness like i did for that dumb biotch and so many others in my past.
karma, total karma. i swear by it. I honestly believe good things happen to those who deserve and need it.
I also have learned in my years of being a mother that when times are really desperate and your running out of hope, something always comes unexpected, something random that makes it possible to come out on top.
This is definatly one of those things, that money will make a world of a difference in this house.
and things like this are the reason Eric and I havent robbed any banks yet, we have seriously considered it though..well, with water guns.

On a side note
We have been having issues with Zach keeping his shoes on for...about 6 months now, we buys shoes based upon the difficulty level of removing them.
Well,we introduced a big, honkin pair of snow boots a few weeks back and he refused to wear them, infact he would throw himself on the ground and kick his feet if you tried.
and then
last week he discovered them by himself, tried them on, walked around and decided he loved them.
But, now he is obessed. He wears them ALL DAY! He walks around the house in them, takes naps in them, the only time he doesnt wear them (and this is because I enforce it) is for a bath and bed time.
he wears ther everywhere we go, even though it hasn't snowed in weeks, he dances in them,tt trips in them..its hilarious.
but, the really funny part.
he also started taking his clothes off.
So,
now..
he doesn't wear anything but a diaper and his snow boots.
I really havent forced the clothes thing. we keep the house warm and if I could walk around naked, I would. So, Im rolling with it. I can't wait to get some pics...but I haven't had a chance yet.
baby is great,growing like a weed.
Danny is....
well, we're working on it.

1 comments:

Claire said...

=X

((Sarah))

Isnt life ....interesting...??

=X