THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 31, 2009

As the world turns

Life in the Smith Household is changing faster than I can handle.
Eric was layed off on Tuesday and not my request, the whole company was let-go. And as much as I thought that was the answer to all of our questions, when it happened, I had a direct smack in the face while realzing we are now a family of 5 with absolutely NO income. How does this happen? Being layed off is really not what we needed, it sounded nice, but the truth is...it's scary, really scary.
The school that we were thinking of sending Eric too..well, it turns out that it costs 17,000 not 1,700. Can you believe that shit, for 12 weeks of school? I have 2 years of college education plus one year of a certificate program under my belt and my school loans still don't come close to that amount. It's highway robbery and completely impossible for us to come up with.
So, there goes that idea.
I sent a resume out and an application to a job a few weeks back and pretty much gave up on it.
Well, I got an interview and it actually went really well, considering I know the interviewer from 5th grade and also through a whole bunch of people in the dental field and she had heard good things (how?:) She is to call my next week after a few more interviews and let me know if I got it.
I don't know if I really want it! It's 3 12/hr shifts!! That's insane without children, how will I do it with three kids?! But, how can I turn it down? With no income and a job-less America, how can I turn down a job, when there is a chance I won't have another oppurtunity? So, that leaves Eric with the kids 3 days a week for 12+ hours, wow is all i can say.
But, what if he goes back to work? Who will watch the kids? I will not, I repeat..will not put them in daycare and I will not take Danny out of Preschool.
I just don't know what to do. I have to decide by Wed. and we also have to decide what route Eric will take.
School? work? stay at home dad???
I have no clue.
Im totally lost.

0 comments: