THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Now that school is over and the holidays are long gone, I have really been getting into things...some good, some bad.
The first thing is reading. I have just recently(in the past 2 years) discovered that I actually like reading. As of late, I am addicted. I cannot keep my hands off a book. I truly understand the meaning of "feeling lost without a book", but for me it is like "having no life without a book". I get totally into them and just pretty much pretend that I am like a part of the story, damn I'm such a loser. To make it worse, Im on a sci. fi. kick! Yep, total loser! So, Im in between a few series...but here are a few I highly recommend in this order: Twilight (duh), Harry Potter...I know, it sounds weak...but OMG, The Inheritance Series, The Shannara series, The Dune series, Lord of the Rings, Anne Rice's vampire works.
Those are just the sci. fi. ones I recommend. If you want a real thriller, like cannot sleep...read The heart shaped box by Joe Hill.
Want to cry? Anything by Frank McCourt, although I may be partial to be him because he embraces the Irish heritage and...well, thats me. Also, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, or...ohh..probably by favorite tear jerker thus far, if your a sap for a tragic story...The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
By the way, I hate mysterys. I tried, a few times now. no way!
So, there are just a few. I have just started into the wonderful world of books.
OH,
kids books..I have a new favorite author and artist team. ANYTHING by Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell. My favorite: Is there really a human face? and Big Words for little people. I am super excited because they have a book called It's hard to be five and I cannot wait to buy it for Danny.
Another thing I am into now is...TV. I know, I am usually anti-tv. But, lately I am getting into all these horrible, lame reality shows. I am stoked about American Idol's return, Im watching the Bachelor, Double shot at love, the biggest loser, Real world, the hills and the city...and more.Plus, my normal shows with Eric....it's insane. Thank god for DVR.
Also, I started organizing. I started in the bathroom..because I have a bad habit of just throwing shit under my double sink cabinet..and its been going on for years. Well, I got rid of 2 trash bag fulls of crap I don't use. I have nothing now and I love it! it's all pretty and organized and you can find what you need. Next is my kitchen cupboards and then my closet and then the basement.
Soup Sundays!!! Yes...this is the best thing of 2009 thus far. I got a 16 qt. Soup Pot for Christmas from Eric's parents. This thing is a beast, it is the mother load of all soup pots, small pots run and hide when they see this thing. Eric and I decided that we will make ever sunday, "Soup Sunday". So, we start on saturday and make a new soup and let it cook all day saturday and then sit in the fridge overnight and then start it cooking again early in the morning, tasting it every so often and adding more of whatever it needs and then eat it all day long on Sunday and usually there's enough for monday too. I'll just whip up some Grilled cheese to go with it on monday or a big tossed salad. Yum,I love comfort foods, but soup is by far my favorite..any kind,any way.
My neighbor( a 50 yr. old mother of 3 and...one of the nicest, most humble people I know) and I are starting up a daily walk, well..actually, she has always done it, I am just tagging along! Honestly, I am not doing it for excercise either, although thats an added bonus..I just want an hour everyday to myself to get out of the house and enjoy adult company and she is truly one of those people that makes you want to be a better person.
Actually, I believe her and her husband have secretly taken my family as thier charity case. She is giving me her 2 year old, gorgeous and comfy couch, plus on Christmas she showed up on my doorstep with a huge box full of stanless steel cookware, Wolfgang Puck brand (whoever that is), but I guess it's a big deal.
She is coming over to help me clean my carpets with her carpet cleaner and her husband, who is an electrician is going to help Eric re-wire our entire house becuase it's old and...way outdated.
They just volunteered all of this. They are great, we are so thankful to have people in our lives like them.
And the last thing I am totally into these days.
my husband! I know, weird. But, we are just right on track these days. He was home for almost 2 weeks during the holidays and it was awesome. I realized how much I miss having him here all the time and what a great dad he is and..I just love the kid.
ok
thats about all...my free 15 minutes is up. Babies are calling.

0 comments: