THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 13, 2008

ahhh sweet freedom

In the midst of wedding insanity.....
I was out late night with my dear friend on thurs. We had to plan some games and prizes for the wedding and becaue we work opposite schedules, ie: im a mom and she's not, we ended up at Walmart @ 9:30 at night planning things, which ended up being really fun. In fact, we had a blast doing...absolutely nothing. I was completely stress free while in a store, which hasnt been the case in years. I cannot remember the last time I was in a store without a child attached to one hip or on both. And usually, at least one is crying or whining. That probably would have been enough fun for me to call it a night, but she asked if I was interested at all in going up to Brubakers because some friends I havent seen in ages were there.
We did a surprise stop, which almost brought one friend to tears b/c it's been so long since we've seen eachother. And sitting outside at a bar, late...on a thursday night, while thier all enjoying an ice cold bud light and I engulf an oder of potato skins may not sound like fun. but. it was great.
I got home around 11, slept great and woke up feeling like a new woman. ( a little time out of the house does wonders)
If thats not enough:
eric calls yesterday while he was at work to say
"I got a babysitter and we're going to the indians game tonight...we got sweet free seats"
I was really hesitant.
#1-the shower is today and we're having a few people over afterwards to watch the osu game on the back porch.
#2-honestly, I was tired by my "going out" the night before
#3-I always feel guilty about asking for childcare because we rely on his parents for so much so that I can be successful in school.
But, we went anyway.
We went with all the crazy rain and the idea that there was NO WAY the game would even go on with all the weather issues, but we would try regaurdless.
By the time we got up there, the rain had cleared.
We got to our seats and I was floored, infact I think I said "we are not rich enough to sit here". We were exactly 5 rows back from homebase. The camera guy was right in front of me, along with the guys that measure the pitch speed. It was insane. The other and possibly even cooler thing: It NEVER rained. It was almost like God decided Eric and I needed a break and stopped the rain from entering jacob's field. the game was great, we won 12-2, there was sweet fireworks and afterwards got dinner at luigi's..and we havent been there in years.
The whole night in general was an amazing surprise and despite my hesitation, I was so glad I went.
I love my children. I love being a mom. I love family time. I even love doing nothing, just laying in bed with my kids.
but, man..I love a night away.
A night full of adult conversation, easy trips to the bathroom, eating whatever you want without being afriad of sugar content when sharing, no whining, no crying. Just me, the hubby and 2 of our friends enjoying the good ol American pastime and some sweet italian food.
Eric and I havent had a night away since I found out I was pregnant. So, it's been since May! It was much needed.
now, although it was great to get away and I was loving every second of it.
I'm pretty sure I thought of nothing but "Damn, Danny would love these seats, we should have brought them."
"I hope Zach went to bed easy"
"i wonder if Grandma gave them baths"
"jezzz...I really miss my kids."
lol
So, Im a mom. Sue me. :)
all in all, I've had an awesome 2 days and Im actually looking forward to the shower today??!?!? I know, see what a break does....I've turned back into..ME!!

0 comments: