THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 8, 2008

totally AMAZING

I cannot believe what Zach just did. (who is only 17 months!)
I'm sitting here on the computer doing my normal daily rountine; drinking coffee and keeping in touch with the outside world. Zach runs over and grabs his crotch area and sort of whimpers and startes at me like he needs something, which he has been doing for a few weeks. So, I ask the normal questions "Do you need a diaper change?" He gives no response other than another whimper and the continued stare. So, I ask..."Did you poop?" At this point, he turns and walks down the hall. Normally, he meets me in his bedroom so I can change his diaper. I thought THIS level of communication was incredible for his age. I mean, the simple fact that he is already expressing needs of being changed just blows my mind because he is so young. Well, today..just a few moments ago, instead of going to his bedroom he stops in front of the bathroom..where the door is closed and point at the door and whimpers. I say,"you don't want to go in there..c'mon, let's change your diaper." He continues to point, very adamently. So, I say "what, you want to go potty?" But really...I am just kidding. He hits the door and screams pretty loudly as if to say..yeah..c'mon already. At this point, I'm thinking...yeah right...but I'll amuse myself, so I open the door. He runs in and goes straight to the potty and opens the freakin seat. NOw, Im kind of shocked...like how far are we really going to go here? I cannot believe he is even aware of what goes on in here. But, Im all for the possiblity. So, i slip off his diaper, throw his butt on the seat and..
HE PEED! Ok, not a lot..but..a little. I am completely stunned. Of course I make a huge deal about it to him, after I realize what a huge deal it really is. And then to top it off, after I lay him down and put his diaper back on...he get's up and wants to wash his hands?@?!?
WOAH! What is going on??? yesterday I had a teething 17 mo. old who woke up and is now potty training??
My mother and I were just talking yesterday about how early he comminicated bathroom needs..but, damn. This is almost insane.
I just cannot believe it. So,of course my first thought is..."Im breaking out the potty chair"
But, really? Or is this just a fluke? Should I roll with it or wait?? I mean, really..his only words so far are: "momma, dad, "D" (danny), hi and fish"...lol..I know, but he says fish. Other than that...nothing..so how will he commnicate that he has to pee?? or wait, he just did.
I dont know. I dont want to start him too early and delay it because he isn't ready.
I guess all I can do is bring up the chair and see what happens.
I wasnt planning on starting his training till at least 2...which isnt till march! And plus, we are planning on moving him from the crib to the bottom of a bunk bed, which he'll share with danny in a brand new room very soon...I really don't want to put too much on him
He does have another baby on the way..in less than 12 weeks.
insane.
just mindblowing madness.
wow.
I love my suppppper smart boys!

1 comments:

Claire said...

I'll trade you for Andy is you want?? lol
Thats awesome though! Andy just says "go potty" as an excuse to take off his diaper, sit on the potty & ..play.....